Are you seeking for some information on how to connect the Apple router to the Wireless range extender? If yes, then post is ideal for you. In this post we will discuss some important steps to connect the apple router with the wireless Range Extender.
1.If you are going to connect your wifi extender with your computer or laptop, then we recommend you to use the Ethernet cable for the best internet connectivity. Connecting your computer with extender through the Ethernet cable is so easy; you just need to connect the one end to the extender and other to the Ethernet port of your computer. If your computer supports wireless connection, then disconnect all the device from it while establishing a connection between thecomputer and the WiFi extender.
2.If your device supports only wireless network, check the list of available wireless networks. You will find your router with SSID name on the list. If you are using the Netgear, then the complete Netgear extender setup is available on the official page. You can follow on-screen instructions.
3.Once you successfully connected your Extender, open the web browser on your Apple PC and enter the router URL in the address space.
4.A new window will appear on the screen which prompts you to enter username and password. Username and password both by default are ‘Admin’.
5.Now carefully read the instructions on the screen and perform the next action accordingly. For any support, you can go to www.mywifiext.net.
- Go to web management page and select ‘Next’ from the middle section of the page.
- You are required to select your location.
- Select the wireless network from the list of available networks.
If you don’t find the SSID of your router in the available network list, then it means the name is hidden or disabled intentionally. In such situation, you need to select the SSID and Mac manually.
- Enter the password of your wireless network on the next page.
- From the same page, you need to copy the AP of your extender and paste it into a place which says, use the same name for broadcasting over the wireless network and thenpress ‘Next’.
- Check the settings before submitting them to the page and tap ‘Finish’.
After the successful completion of settings, your wireless extender will reboot itself so as to apply the new settings. Wait for 2 to 3 minutes till the process gets completed.