In 2019, almost anything we want can deliver to us in hours whether it’s food, groceries, wine, medications, pet supplies or diapers. Since today’s apps allow us to conveniently purchase an abundance of items from the comfort of our homes, medical marijuana is something that should be considered as well.
Cannabis delivery licenses in Michigan
More recently, Michigan began issuing permits home delivery to the centers of official provision, which allows the employee to provide medical marijuana directly to patients' homes. You can also get more information about cannabis transport services in Michigan at https://www.evergreenlgx.com/.
This means a new development that medical marijuana patients can now take advantage of delivery services like Uber Eats or Instacart to get their cannabis products. According to the Administrative Rules, R 333.282, licensed procurement centers must follow specific guidelines for providing home delivery services. This guidance discusses the following:
- patient identification and access to the online booking system
- online ordering system requirements
- recognition of the patient release of information for home delivery service
- home delivery employee requirements (Rule 333.281)
- Confirmation of the identity of the patient, and the patient's status valid address
- limit sales documentation and daily / monthly
- terms and transport vehicles, drivers, product safety and security
- Transportation manifest documentation requirements and daily logs
Additionally, Marijuana Regulatory Agency (MRA) create checklist procedures and log every day to assist in documenting and tracking the information required. Provisioning centers that want to provide home delivery services should develop procedures utilize the guidelines in the MRA list.